Studio Tour - Sammie Flame of RawkMama.etsy.com

Keeping Faith by Sammie D. Flame

Got your traveling coat on? Today we are off to Arizona for a visit with RawkMama.

RawkMama.Etsy.com

Also known as artist (& fellow Etsy's Melange Team member) Sammie Flame. She recently moved to a new house and has kindly agreed to show us around her expanded creative space.  Ready? Here we go...

SF: Here is a picture of my old "living room" studio. My old space was a 4X10 ft. space located behind my couch in the living room! 

Sammie's old art space

SF: I moved into my new studio four months ago. This new space is a 9.5 X 14 ft. room, actually built as a studio! it has a lot of natural light & is part of my new house. It has taken a lot of time and thinking, adjusting to this new space... trying to figure out something that works for me is hard, but it is coming along finally!

 

SF: Entering the studio through inside door.  This connects the studio to the family room. Now, going counterclockwise through room:


SF: This corner showcases artwork by Stacey Merrill (ArtSnark.Etsy.com) & Trine Stasica (ManicAttackArt.Etsy.com).



SF: Shelves that house (from the top down) - paintings, envelopes galore, and drawers & drawers of patterned papers & vintage maps.


SF: The outside door leads to the back yard (super handy)! The artwork on the wall is by Kim Geiser (PersimmonsGal.Etsy.com) I made the garland/banners over each of the windows - I needed some color & "me" in there! The file cabinet is a yard sale find which I painted.


My messy art table


 and my drafting desk.


 Me, by the art table.


SF: Special things on my art table: my dad's vintage Kodak camera, a clay head that I sculpted when I was 19, and various jars/pencil holders from friends.


Art journal pages in progress.


SF: Some outlet covers in progress. The outlet covers were made for the studio, but I do list them in the shop at random times.

Hey, Sammie, thanks for the tour! Enjoy your new found elbow room  - I can't wait to see what colorful creations you come up with next!

And thank you to all who came along for the ride today. Want to find out more about this artist? Pop back next week for a chat with Sammie.

In the meantime, be sure to visit her online Shop RawkMama.etsy.com where she sells her artwork as well as paper supplies.

4 comments:

  1. Sam it is so nice to see you again. I've thought of you often and hope life has gotten a bit easier in time. I love "Keep Faith", great job!!!!! And keep the faith.

    Hugs,

    Linda a/k/a Mamapainter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Sammie, so glad you shared your art space with us! Your studio is flooded with light, I love that!! Stacey, thanks for sharing your interview on the Melange blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sammie, I am jealous!! I long for a studio. One day it'll happen. For now I use the dining room table! LOL!
    I Love your work !! Enjoy your studio for me!☺

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sammie, loved your studio tour and your interview too! I especially like "Violet" she's one of my favorites. I love the way you use colors for expression and the way you mix them!

    ReplyDelete