Brand New Melange team challenge

Are you ready for another challenge? This one for Melange members this go round. Just pretty much like we did last time. Anybody who wants to be featured can write up a blog post (and then you can post it on your own blog also) or anybody who wants to just take part in the challenge can leave comments where your piece is located...Etsy, Flickr, web page, etc.

In honor of the fact that I have almost finished my project for ArtQuiltingStudio--you must use fabric somewhere in your pieces. Using fabric is getting more and more popular (hey, I am so glad) and it really does give a new dimension for mixed media art. You can use fabric, lace, trim, cheesecloth, etc. It will be due 9/24. That's two weeks. I will do another book giveaway, this book is called "The Decorated Page" by Gwen Diehn. Her emphasis is on decorated pages in journals, but the techniques work equally well on canvases, watercolor paper and other paper substrates.

Be thinking about it. Convo me if you are "in". I just want to know approximately how many will take part.

Remember it doesn't have to be elaborate. You could just use fabric for the background or part of the background to get your feet wet. Any type of projects will do, even bookmarks, tags, canvas, on wood, anything. Add fabric to a journal cover, notebook, on and on.

Glenda

7 comments:

  1. Okay *deep breath* I really like this challenge! Let's see if I can manage to do it =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ok, I think I'm in too!!!! Thanks for having me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. OK, I'll be first. Here's my fabric challenge entry:
    wings

    ReplyDelete
  4. Here is mine ... a little early , a little strange ,but it made me smile http://www.etsy.com/view_listing.php?listing_id=31388849

    ReplyDelete
  5. Here's my fabric entry, a journal with a mixed media cover

    My fabric challenge entry

    ReplyDelete