Review on brand new book on Transfers


Now, you all know that I absolutely love transfers. Have done every single kind that I could find, and I do have some favorites. Well, maybe three. I am a microwave type of transfer gal and I like the ones that are easy, fast, and fairly fail proof.


Since I am also a book junkie, I pre-ordered this new book on transfers, sight unseen, from Amazon. Turned out to be a good choice. Some of these transfer techniques I have never, ever seen before. There are tons and tons and tons of step by steps and color pictures. I cannot imagine that a person would not find their favorites or new ones to try.


The book is called Image Transfer Workshop by Darlene Olivia McElroy and Sandra Duran Wilson. 127 pages of pure yummy. The book starts out with Glues and Mediums types, on to Heat type transfers, Solvent type transfers, Everything Else has 11 more types of transfers, followed by Inspirational Projects and Resources.


The book, in my opinion, covers everthing that anyone would ever want to know except the Purell type which is still my favorite. But, you can get that one off of my blog if you should want to venture there.


Forgot to say, every technique has a troubleshooting section. For those questions that you would love to ask someone, and of course, there isn't anyone around at the moment you need them.


I can't imagine that if you are interested in transfers to jazz up your work, that you wouldn't love this new book. And I do not say that about everything. Well, almost nothing. It's worth every penny of the investment.


Glenda

10 comments:

  1. thanks for the great review, Glenda !!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a transfer junky too!LOL I saw this vbook mentioned few months ago by Darlene Olivia McElroy on the inkjet_transfer yahoo group..NOW I have to buy it..Looks good..thanks for the review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds interesting - thanks for the review

    ReplyDelete
  4. thank you Glenda for the review! I just put it on my wish list...now I'm looking forward to coming back from my vacation and purchasing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks Glenda, I'll have to have this book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks i will look out for this one. definitely my style of book
    Hugs J x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the review, I didn't realize this was out! I love transfer techniques as well!!

    :) Jodi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sounds like the perfect toy!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for the great book review Glenda! It is always wonderful to find new books through the recommendation of others:-)

    ReplyDelete