Sheila Bradley, Create It Cottage Art

Grab a cup of your favorite inspiration and sit down for our next installment of "Melange Artists on Etsy Interviews". This week we are bringing you the delightful and talented Sheila Bradley of Create It Cottage Art.
Sheila is a Mixed Media artist residing in Florida. She is a self professed lover of color. Getting her hands messy with paint and all things wonderfully vibrant are aspects that drew Sheila to the mixed media genre of art.
*****

Thank you Sheila for agreeing to be interviewed as an artist in the Melange Team on Etsy group. To start off, why don't you give us a little background information about yourself. When was it you discovered you wanted to be an artist?

Let's see, I just recently returned to work after taking some time off to care for family. I'd forgotten what it's like to have to balance my creative life with a working life. I'd gotten a bit spoiled being able to create whenever the mood hit. I'm lucky enough to live with my best friend and love of my life plus he encourages my creativity. I've always dreamed of being an artist. I just never thought it could ever come true. I still have a hard time calling myself that at times.



What would you say has been one of your biggest influences on yourself as an artist? How has that changed you, and what you do?
All of the wonderful, supportive people I've met through Esty. They have helped me to not be so critical of myself and loosen up.

What made you decide to start selling your work on Etsy? Can you give us any tips as far as what works well for you selling online and getting your artwork "out there".

I was looking for a way to supplement my income when I stumbled across Etsy. I never dreamed I would be able to do that with the things I created. I just recently sent an item to Germany and it still blows my mind to think of my little creations all over the world. I find if I do best when I list new items regularly and have a daily presence online. Flickr has been a good resource for me as well.

Where do you see yourself in 5 years? How do you plan on getting there?
I hope to be creating full time and selling both online and in shows. I would like to be more involved in art shows. To achieve this I plan to keep creating, improving, and getting my name out there any way I can.

Do you have any new favorite art supplies that you just can not live without?

I just recently discovered Prismacolor pencils. They are wonderful. Also, I can't imagine being without my rubber stamps. I use them with all different types of mediums.

If you could do anything artistically and you knew you would not fail, what would that be?

Draw! I've always been so envious of people who have can draw.


**
*
Thank you, Sheila for taking the time to share with us a little about yourself. We look forward to seeing you continue on your artistic journey!

Be sure to visit Sheila's blog to keep up with her latest works in progress and artistic musings!


Stay tuned for our next interview!!


9 comments:

  1. Thanks so much for this feature!!! It is wonderful!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sheila, so nice to get to know you better. Great interview. You have always been an encouragement for the members of this team; jumped in and volunteered to do the techniques thread. Appreciate you so much. Thank you for the interview and being a member of the team.
    Hugs and Love to you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sheila it was lovely to read about you and the journey that you've been on...I think most of us can relate to many aspects of it...thanks so much for sharing...
    ps I can identify with your wish to be able to draw!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Sheila~
    That photo of your work is just beautiful for the opening of the blog page, I love it. Your use of color is just the best!
    You are such an asset to this team and I am so happy you're part of it. Fun to learn some new things about you too.
    ~xx~

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful interview, Sheila. I can relate to everything you have shared regarding your discovery of yourself as an artist and arriving to the place of saying it!

    Jodi, as usual, your interviewing skills are top drawer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great interview! Thanks for sharing more about yourself with us Sheila!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So nice to learn more about you, Sheila....great job on the interview, Jodi !!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such a great interview! I always love all the color & pizazz in Sheila's art - fun to read more about her

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank-you all so much for your wonderful compliments. It's lika a big long distance hug!!!

    ReplyDelete