Melange takes over Somerset Sudio Jul/Aug!


If you haven’t received a copy of the July/Aug issue of Somerset yet, race out and pick it up! This issue is bursting with Melange members.

Lorraine Reynolds (glimmeringprize) has two pieces published under the theme of sisters…Sisters of Mercy and Waiting to Grow.


Then there is the Sisterhood of the Traveling Canvas article that eight talented melange artists collaborated to produce.



The sisterhood includes artists Glenda Bailey, Pam Carriker, Kim Geiser, Denise Hayden, Nancy Lefko, Kathy Maximo, Alisa Nordholt-Dean and Jodi Ohl.


Each artist was charged with adding an element (or two or three) to the traveling canvas, then sending it on to the next sister.



Each artist was also responsible for contributing a journal page (front and back) that would eventually be bound and lovingly embellished, serving as documentation of the sisterhood journey.


Congratulations to all who are published in this issue! I know for several of us (myself included) it is the very first time our work has been published, which makes this issues especially sweet!


Yeeeahhh Melange…keep those submissions coming!

13 comments:

  1. wonderful write up..can't wait to get a copy and read about all my Melange friends!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Alisa for writing this up for us. It looks good, doesn't it? Big congrats to Lorraine for her assemblage pieces. She always does the best job. And hey, we look pretty good also.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stunning!!! Congratulations to yall!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Alisa~
    Thank you for a wonderful post, so nicely written.
    I am so honored to have been a part of this! I am beyond excited and this was my first time to be published...so I am over the moon.
    To be in this company is just a joy and the life-long friends you all have become, is just icing on the cake. You all hold a special place in my heart....

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fantastic! Congratulations ladies, you are all so talented, I'm happy for you all!
    I wish July would hurry up so I can pick up a copy!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. BIG CONGRATS!! to all of you wonderful artists on the publication. I haven't been out to look for it yet, but I will soon! It will be such a treat to see each of you in print.
    Nice job on this article for the blog, too!

    ReplyDelete
  7. thanks for the shout out Glenda! Love the article on the sisterhood of the the traveling canvas- nice co-lab ladies! keep up the good work!

    ReplyDelete
  8. oh lord what a cluster of stars we have in this group...big big congrats to you all...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great writeup Alisa:-) It was the most fun playing with all of you!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm so excited to see this article!! I'm very proud of all my "Sisters" and all the extended Sisters in this most lovely and talented group of artists!

    Looking forward to getting my copy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am so proud of all of you talented artists. This team is fantastic. Let's get more of us published and take over...lol Linda

    ReplyDelete