"Mix It Up with Melange" Challenge ~ MOTHER


Welcome...everyone is invited to join in the challenge. You do not have to be on the team or an Etsy seller to create a piece of art with the week's theme and show it on this blog.

Thanks to Linda Hardy, the prompt for this week's challenge is MOTHER. Create a piece of mixed media art using that word as inspiration. When you are finished follow these simple rules:

1) Post your finished piece on your blog, website, Flickr page, Etsy or elsewhere INCLUDING a link back to the Melange Team blog.

2) Comment to this blog post INCLUDING the link to where we can find your beautiful piece.

3) Please link to a static page (What’s a static page? An example of a static link is http://www.melange.com/ticket/2009/04/22/mix-it-up-challenge/, whereas an example of a link to the main website is http://www.melange.com)

4) Come back often to check out all the terrific work that will be submitted. :)

Thanks for joining in the fun !

Our featured artist today is Risa Litt. Thanks so much Risa, for the inspiration!

Image © Risa Litt

19 comments:

  1. Here is my card!

    http://risasmuse.blogspot.com/2009/05/mothers-day-mom-if-you-are-reading-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here is my response for last week and this, better late than never:-)
    http://thebagladysart.blogspot.com/2009/05/challenges.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. I did it, I did it.....Pat, your instruction were great, I owe you an apology for whining.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice job ladies! Very nice. I was surprised to see my name as I can't remember even sending the prompt! Loosin' it, I'm losing my mind!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mom cupcake
    http://www.suepelletierlaughpaint.com/
    happy mom day to all! every mom day and birthday i have my kids write me a letter...i will save them forever...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wonderful pieces, everybody!! Will try to pull something together but it's been a challenging week.

    Also, Glenda, can't get the link to go where it's supposed to. Course, could be just me ;D

    ReplyDelete
  7. oh what a great find Nancy!!! this is wonderful.....

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is so touching! What a gift! You probably got her artistic gift from her. Mom just keeps giving and giving....

    ReplyDelete
  9. Didn't get the Mom piece done but here's another which I'll stretch to the Mom theme. I actually made it for the Artazzi challenge but I think it works: Queen Mab's Children

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa your card is beautiful...and I'm off now to have a look at all the others...couldn't join in this one as I've been out of town....visiting my Mum!

    ReplyDelete